I give illustrated talks on various aspects of opera, including individual works, opera houses, productions styles and opera-going worldwide.
Recent talks have included:
- George Bernard Shaw: Music and Opera Critic
- Jewish Music and the Third Reich
- Haydn in London
- The Magic Flute and Scenography
- Opera: The Tingle Factor
- Puccini’s Turandot: Looking Forward or Looking Back?
- George Bernard Shaw at the Opera
- Joseph Wechsberg and the Vienna Claque
- Opera-going in Europe: some personal experiences
- The evolution of opera production styles: from naturalism to post-modernism
- Wagner Stagings: Then and Now
- Mozart’s Figaro
- Operamania: coping with the disease
- Opera Houses and their Audiences